We are learning more and more about the new Google Pixel 6 series. We can now share a lot more information about the Pixel 6 Pro; like the specs and a picture of the front.
Pixel 6 Pro: more image and details
Until now, we only saw the back of the Pixel 6 devices. Thanks to colleagues from 9to5Google, we now also see a promotional photo of the front of the new Pixel 6 Pro. Here we clearly see the screen that continues on the sides, and at the top of the image the opening for the front camera.
What is also striking is the strip, which can be seen in a duller color, on the top of the phone. Presumably this space is used for antennas. The 5G components are usually on the side of the smartphone; this space may be for WiFi and/or Bluetooth. On the screen we see the renewed clock widget.
Thanks to insiders who report to XDA, we also get to know a list of specifications of the new smartphone. We have listed them for you below;
- 3120×1440 display with 120Hz refresh rate, with low-power options 10Hz and 30Hz
- Samsung Exynos 5123 modem for 5G
- Ultra wideband support
- Wi-Fi 6/E
- Google Tensor octa-core processor: 2x 2.8GHz, 2x 2.25GHz, 4x 1.8GHz
- 12GB RAM
- 128GB internal memory, no space for memory card
- Under-display fingerprint sensor
- 5000mAh battery with wireless battery sharing
- Rear cameras: Samsung 50MP, Sony 12MP wide-angle, Sony 48MP 4X telephoto
- Camera software with “baby mode” and motion de-blur capabilities
- 12MP Sony front camera
- Tap-the-back gesture support
According to the latest reports, Google is planning to release the new Pixel 6 series on October 4. It remains to be seen whether the manufacturer even plans to release the smartphones in the Netherlands this time, or whether we have to drive to Germany again for a new Pixel. We will of course keep you informed about this at DroidApp.