Apple has released a macOS update for the iMac and MacBook. This is version 11.6. In this article, we’ll show you how to download and install the update. The new version of macOS includes bug fixes.
Read on after the ad.
How to download macOS 11.6
After iOS 14.8 and iPadOS 14.8, there will also be an update for Apple’s computers: macOS Big Sur 11.6. The update mainly contains bug fixes. Not much is known about the update. However, we always recommend installing software updates as soon as possible.
To download macOS 11.6:
- Open the System Preferences;
- Click the ‘Software Updates’ button;
- Wait for macOS Big Sur to appear here and click “Install Now”;
- Wait for the download to complete and follow the steps on the screen.
During the installation of macOS 11.6, your Mac will restart. Therefore, make sure you have saved all your files and closed programs. The update is rolling out for the following Macs:
Also WatchOS 7.6.2 now available
Apple has also released an update with security patches for the Apple Watch. There are two ways to update your Apple Watch: via your iPhone and directly via the Apple Watch itself. The update is available for Series 3 and newer.
watchOS update via your iPhone
- Use your paired iPhone;
- Go to My Watch and after that General;
- Tap on Software update and wait for the update to be downloaded;
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and wait for the update to install.
Keep your paired iPhone close to your Apple Watch or you’ll disrupt the update process. The update may take longer than an hour. So patience is certainly a virtue. You can only complete the installation with your Apple Watch on the charger. So keep this in mind.
Update directly via Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch;
- Go to General and after that Software update;
- Your Apple Watch will now search for the watchOS update;
- Tap download;
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and the installation will start automatically.
Do you want to stay informed of all developments around Apple? Then sign up for our daily/weekly newsletter, download the free iPhoned app for your iPhone or keep an eye on the site.