This application is suggested to you by Michel B.
Be My Eyes is the ability to “lend your eyes” to a blind person in need, via a live video connection. Conversely, it is also a solution in which you will find help thanks to a network of users with normal eyesight. This service is intended to contribute and to benefit from small acts of kindness, why not you?
– Blind or visually impaired users can request help from a volunteer with normal sight, who will be notified on their phone.
– As soon as the first user in normal view accepts the request for help, a live audio-video connection will be established between the two parties.
– Normal Sight Assistant can now assist the blind or visually impaired person via the camera video connection directed to the rear of the blind or visually impaired user’s device.
As a normal-sighted user, you are part of the vast network of Be My Eyes volunteers, so if you are unable to accommodate a request, don’t worry about leaving someone blind in the mess, others will take care of it. A new request will be made to find the next available volunteer.
The blind or visually impaired person may need help with anything, from knowing the expiration date on the milk to making sure their clothes match.
If you are blind or visually impaired you will need to exercise a little patience after making a request as the service relies on real people to help you. Most calls are answered within 60 seconds.
Main Features :
– Live audio-video connection between blind or visually impaired users and those with normal sight.
– Add the languages you speak in the settings.
– An easy way to tell the difference for people who are blind or have low vision.