watchOS 8.0.1 is available for the Apple Watch. The update contains bug fixes. There are also security upgrades. Read here how to install the update.
Read on after the ad.
watchOS 8.0.1 now available
Apple occasionally releases minor updates to the Apple Watch to ensure that the watch can be used flawlessly and safely. It is therefore important to install these updates as soon as possible.
watchOS 8.0.1 fixes some minor bugs. The update primarily targets the Apple Watch Series 3. A number of Series 3 users have complained about an issue with accessibility settings. Also, the progress of software updates may not be clearly displayed.
download watchOS 8.0.1
There are two ways to update your Apple Watch: via your iPhone and directly via the Apple Watch itself. Below you can read how to apply both methods.
watchOS update via your iPhone
- Use your paired iPhone;
- Go to My Watch and after that General;
- Tap on Software update and wait for the update to be downloaded;
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and wait for the update to install.
Keep your paired iPhone near your Apple Watch or you’ll disrupt the update process. The update may take longer than an hour. So patience is certainly a virtue. You can only complete the installation with your Apple Watch on the charger. So keep this in mind.
Update directly via Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch;
- Go to General and after that Software update;
- Your Apple Watch will now search for the watchOS update;
- Tap download;
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and the installation will start automatically.
Do you want to stay informed of all developments around Apple? Then sign up for our daily/weekly newsletter, download the free iPhoned app for your iPhone or keep an eye on the site.