Apple has released software updates for the Apple Watch and Apple TV. watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.7 are minor updates, but we recommend downloading them as soon as possible. We show how it works.
Read on after the ad.
Here’s how to download watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.7
Simultaneously with iOS 14.7, Apple has also released software updates for the Apple Watch and Apple TV: watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.7 are now available for download and ensure that your Apple Watch and AppleTV continue to function optimally. They contain minor bug fixes and improvements under the hood. With watchOS 7.6, you can also check air quality in the Weather app.
How to download watchOS 7.6:
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and ensure that the paired iPhone is and remains nearby;
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone;
- Tap ‘General’ and go to ‘Software Update’;
- Wait a while for the update to appear and follow the instructions on the screen.
It is most convenient to leave your Apple Watch on the charger during the update. In addition, make sure that the battery is at least 50 percent full when you start updating. Also handy: make a backup of your Apple Watch beforehand. This way you can be sure that no valuable information is lost.
Also an update for the Apple TV
In addition to watchOS 7.6, you can also download tvOS 14.7. This is also a small update that improves a few things behind the scenes.
Download tvOS 14.7 works like this:
You need an Apple TV HD (also known as Apple TV 4) or Apple TV 4K to install the update.
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple TV’s home screen;
- Select ‘System’ and click on ‘Software updates’;
- Choose ‘Update Software’ and confirm your choice with ‘Download and install’;
- Select Update Now and wait for your Apple TV to finish updating. During the update, your Apple TV will reboot once.
Want to stay informed about upcoming software updates from Apple? Sign up for our newsletter or download the iPhoned app!