Don’t like the default iPhone name “iPhone from …” enough? Then you can easily change the name. In this tip you can read how that works.
Read on after the ad.
Tip: This is how you change the name of your iPhone or iPad
You can see the device name of your iPhone or iPad everywhere. This is how you see it when you use AirDrop, or when you turn on a personal hotspot. It is therefore nice if you are satisfied with the name.
Fortunately, changing your iPhone name is a snap. That is how it works:
- Go to Settings and tap on ‘General’;
- Tap ‘Info’;
- Your name is at the top. Tap the cross to change your iPhone name;
- Enter a new name and tap Done when you’re happy.
You can change your iPhone name as often as you want. The above steps also work if you want to change the name of your iPad or iPod touch.
There are several reasons why you might want to change your iPhone name. One possible reason is privacy. For example, you can use a nickname instead of your real name.
Rename on Mac
Once you’ve changed your name, you’ll also see it in the Finder, the program on your Mac. Speaking of which, you can also rename your iPhone through the Finder:
- Open the Finder on your Mac and make sure your iPhone is paired with your computer;
- Press on your device in the left column and then double click on the name;
- Now enter your new iPhone name and you’re done.
More iPhone Tips
Want to read more such helpful tips? iPhoned is the starting point for Apple users. We are here for both beginners and seasoned enthusiasts. On our tips page you will find thousands of useful tips and tricks to get just that little bit more out of your Apple device.