Chinese brand OnePlus is currently the most honest manufacturer of Android smartphones in terms of the speed of their updates to the new version of the system. The reason is mainly the narrow portfolio of its models. This week, it even confirmed the latest system Android 11 will also receive OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones from 2019. In the meantime, the owners of last year’s bestseller can enjoy it. OnePlus North, which according to the portal PocketNow gets under the new beta version of OxygenOS.
The update can also be installed manually
The software update to the beta version is available in the form of an OTA update for owners involved in the beta program. It can also be installed manually with the help of an installation file, which can only be downloaded for the Indian and global versions of the smartphone. However, it should be available for the European version on the manufacturer’s official forum soon.
The OxygenOS extension in the beta version is in the latest version 11. It brings improved graphics, icons and animations. In addition, the manufacturer has added 10 new clock displays for the ambient display. It has also optimized the stability of some popular third-party applications. The dark mode of the system can also be activated from the quick menu in the notification line.
What does OxygenOS 11 bring with Android 11?
- Fresh new user interface design that brings a more ergonomic environment.
- A completely new style of dynamic user environment, which changes the appearance according to the weather application and the sunset based on the weather application. The display alternates between day and night.
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the user experience.
- New gaming tool folder for convenient Fnatic mode switching. This allows you to choose from three notification methods: text messages only, foreground messages, and message blocking for your uninterrupted gaming experience.
- New quick answer feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Swipe down from the top right / left corner of the screen in game mode to enable it.)
- New unwanted touch prevention function. (To enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen and then click to pop up a notification bar where you can find it.)
- Added a new Always-on ambient display feature that can be active all day or at a selected time (Settings> Display> Ambient Display).
- A new style of Insight lessons, created in collaboration with Parsons School of Design. The style varies according to the usage data of the phone. (Settings> Personalization> Clock Style)
- Another 10 new clock styles. (Settings> Personalization> Clock Style)
- A keyboard shortcut has been added in the quick settings for dark mode.
- Support for automatic activation of the function by time. (Settings> Display> Dark mode> Auto power on> Auto enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, meadows, etc.) and other timing options.
- The Zen function is included in Zen mode. Now you can invite friends and use Zen mode together.
- A Story feature has been added that automatically creates weekly videos with photos and videos it finds in the repository.
- Optimized loading speed and including image preview.
- The desktop widget may disappear. (Long press on the desktop – Widget> Settings> Select widget).
How is the competition?
OnePlus is also competing in the updates of its smartphones. Two weeks ago, the South Korean giant Samsung launched an update of the Galaxy S20 models to Android 11 with the One UI 3.0 extension, and today it also saw the Galaxy S10 Lite models. Just before the end of the year, Asus launched an update to Android 11 for the flagship model Asus Zenfone 6 from 2019. Huawei again brought the EMUI 11 superstructure to the Huawei P40, P40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro models. Sony recently started updating its smartphones. This year’s flagship Sony Xperia 1 II was the first to arrive.
Xiaomi Mi 10i: Mid-range with 108 megapixel camera
Want to get the latest update info for your Android? Enter the name of the device and we will send you a new article directly to your email.