If you’re wondering how to get German voice output in Far Cry 6, you’re not alone. For this you have to pay attention to different things depending on the platform and possibly download separate language packs. We’ll tell you here how you can change the game for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X to German.
Set German Synchro on the PC (Far Cry 6)
On the PC, most players have the problem setting the German voice output, because you have to download the voice files outside of the game in the Ubisoft launcher. Otherwise you will only come across greyed out menus in the game itself.
Proceed as follows for German voice output on the PC:
- Close the game and call Ubisoft Connect on.
- Search for your entry for Far Cry 6 in the game database and select in the menu on the left Properties the end.
- Now you can go to the general settings (General) select your preferred language. In addition to German, other languages are also available here.
- If you haven’t already, wait for the Download the corresponding language files then starts Far Cry 6 again.
- Navigated to from the title screen Options → Audio → Interface & Language → Speech Output and choose your downloaded language.
German voice output for PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series S / X
This works in the console versions Setting the speech output a little easier, however, you may have to download additional language packs here as well. Proceed as follows:
- Navigate to from the title screen Options → Audio → Interface & Language → Speech Output and choose your preferred language.
- You can then see next to the respective languages Download icon. Each language pack is installed separately.
- Select German, English or one of the other languages and wait for the download.
- Installs the respective language pack and possibly restart the game in order to then select your installed language in the same menu.
Note: Note that the voice output cannot be changed while the game is running. This applies to both the console and PC versions.
Customize subtitles and menu languages
The menu language and the subtitle language can be adjusted at any time, both on the console and on the PC, completely independently of the voice output. No extra downloads are necessary for this.
- You can change the language of the menus under Options → Audio → Interface & Language → Menu Language
- You can change the subtitle language under Options → Audio → Subtitle → Subtitle Language
Do you have any other questions about the language settings of Far Cry 6? Then feel free to write us in the comments.