A green lawn in your home garden – even in the hottest summer. Lawn sprinklers make this beautiful idea a reality. There are various systems that have different advantages and disadvantages. We introduce you to 3 good models.
In summer in particular, many garden owners wonder how they can take care of their valuable greenery while they are away. Lawn sprinklers can help here, but a few questions arise when purchasing one. In our guide we devote ourselves to 3 models, among others by Gardena, and give you tips on what to look out for when buying.
Lawn sprinkler 2022: All GIGA recommendations at a glance
|Gardena AquaZoom Compact||price tip Cellfast Lux Ideal||Gardena Comfort Mambo|
from 30 euros
from 15 euros
from 30 euros
Gardena AquaZoom Compact: Compact and clever design
At the Gardena AquaZoom Compact (see Otto) the name says it all: The lawn sprinkler has a compact format, but that does not mean that it is not suitable for large lawns. This is how the little lawn sprinkler works a radius of up to 9 meters. Like most lawn sprinklers, the Gardena AquaZoom Compact is also a square sprinkler. These are characterized by simple installation and low prices, have movable nozzles and water a wide area. They are ideal for rectangular and square surfaces.
The smart thing: With the AquaZoom Compact, Gardena has made sure that the 16 nozzles are not arranged next to each other, but in two rows. As a result, the device is not only compact, it also ensures uninterrupted watering. The nozzles can be tilted, but “Alles Beste” criticizes the somewhat difficult handling.
- Lots of nozzles
- Some nozzles are adjustable
Cellfast Lux Ideal: Perfect for a large garden
price tip At the Cellfast Lux Ideal (view at Amazon) the metallic design is immediately noticeable: for less than 20 euros, the impulse sprinkler looks very high-quality and durable. Besides, he can with one Radius of 11 meters irrigate a larger area than the Gardena above. However, Amazon criticizes that the water is not always distributed equally.
An impulse sprinkler is characterized by the fact that the water flows in jets as well as in short bursts is distributed. With the Cellfast you can also activate a pivoting movement if necessary.
- Long life span
- Works quietly
- Great coverage
- Partly unequal water distribution
Gardena Comfort Mambo: The best circular sprinkler
In addition to square sprinklers and impulse sprinklers, there are also circular sprinklers. It is recommended Gardena Comfort Mambo (look at Otto). It is a comfortable circular sprinkler that, according to the manufacturer, is suitable for medium to large areas. In the reviews at Otto, however, it is criticized that the lawn sprinkler not for large gardens suitable is. Unlike other circular sprinklers, the nozzles are not permanently installed, but the three arms rotate. Neither batteries nor a socket are required for the rotation.
However, the reviews at Otto criticize that no instructions available is what makes handling more difficult. Furthermore, precise settings for irrigation cannot be made.
- Rotates evenly
- Reliably distributes the water over the entire surface
- No instructions available
- Settings cannot be made precisely
Buying a lawn sprinkler: what should I look out for?
- Scalability: No garden is like the other. Only a lawn sprinkler with an adjustable water jet adapts to the shape and area of the area to be watered.
- Uniformity: The area to be irrigated should be watered as evenly as possible to prevent one half of the bed from being under water while the other dries up.
- Type of water sprinkler: There are different irrigation systems. Which water sprinkler you need for your garden depends on the size and shape.
- water consumption: Common lawn sprinklers consume between 600 and 800 liters per hour. However, the amount of water can vary greatly depending on the system. The maximum possible consumption of a device is usually noted in the product description or on the packaging.
- Free-standing vs. permanently installed lawn sprinklers: Free-standing lawn sprinklers are more flexible. They are simply placed on the surface to be watered and connected to the tap with a hose. Permanently installable systems are primarily suitable for large areas. Installation mainly involves laying pipes or hoses under the turf.
- How often does the sprinkler have to be used? – Many people use lawn sprinklers every day during the summer months. Most lawns only need to be watered two to three days a week – with the exception of hot periods, of course.
The best lawn sprinklers 2022: This is how we selected the recommendations
With garden tools such as lawn sprinklers, you can quickly lose yourself in the huge range. In order to make a suitable selection from the numerous products, we have based ourselves on the results of the All the best platform – the link is given below. The ratings of users in online shops also influence the selection. The latter were helpful because they don’t judge based on benchmark numbers and laboratory values, but convey individual impressions. Sources used: All the best
In a separate article you can find out more about how we at GIGA deal with product recommendations and tests: