Amazon Prime Day 2021 doesn’t start until June 21, but you can already secure one of the most popular offers. GIGA summarizes all the important information about the exclusive shopping spectacle, lists the best deals and reveals how you can best prepare for Prime Day 2021.
Highlight offer from June 7th: 10 euro credit for Prime Day 2021
As in the previous year, Prime customers can again secure a 10 euro voucher for Amazon in 2021 if they shop at selected marketplace retailers for at least 10 euros. This is how the action works in detail:
- Shop between June 7th and 20th from a small and medium-sized company on Amazon for at least 10 euros.
- Receive 10 euros credit on your Amazon account, which you can use on Prime Day 2021.
- In addition, there will be discounts of up to 20 percent on vouchers from selected brands and exclusive coupons from June 11th to 20th, 2021
Prime Day 2021: When does the Amazon event take place?
- The Amazon Prime Day takes place from June 21-22, 2021 instead of.
- The shopping event has been brought forward this year, normally Prime Day is in mid-July.
- 2020 was an exception: due to the corona pandemic, Amazon Prime Day was postponed to October 13th and 14th.
How can I be reminded of Prime Day?
Save Prime Day as an appointment in the calendar, then you don’t forget it:
How do I optimally prepare for Prime Day 2021?
To use the offers, you have to be a customer of the paid service Amazon Prime. Conveniently, every new customer can join 30-day trial subscription at amazon.de/prime to lock. It is also useful to apply for the Amazon credit card beforehand. This not only gives you 40 euros starting credit, but also 3 percent of the purchase price back as credit that you can use for your next Amazon purchase.
Prime Day 2021: These offers are already available
Although Prime Day 2021 will not start for a few weeks, Amazon has already published the first offers. Prime customers can already secure these warm-up dals:
- Prime Video: Up to 50 percent discount on films and series on Prime Video, including blockbusters like Spider Man: Far from Home, Chernobyl, Game of Thrones and Jojo Rabbit. Selected film classics are also available for EUR 3.99 each.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Access to over 70 million songs and millions of podcast episodes without commercial breaks for four months free of charge for new customers.
- Prime gaming: The PC version of Battlefield 4 is free for a limited time. On gaming.amazon.com you will receive a game code that you can redeem at Origin for the Battlefield 4 Standard Edition. There are also numerous other free games and in-game items.
- Audible: 70 percent discount on the first six months and thus only 2.95 euros per month (instead of 9.95 euros). The audiobook service offers a huge selection of bestsellers, new releases, exclusive stories and Audible Original Podcasts.
- Kindle Unlimited: 3 months of free unlimited access to over a million Kindle eBooks,
eMagazine and thousands of audio books, including bestsellers by well-known authors.
We have summarized bargain tips for Prime Day 2021 in this video:
What other offers will there be on Prime Day 2021?
This is of course still unknown. Based on the offers in the last Prime Days, however, we assume that bargains can be found for at least the following product categories:
- Amazon products: Echo smart speakers, Fire TV sticks, Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, etc.
- Branded technology from Samsung, Apple, Bose, Sony, LG, Microsoft, ect.
- Smartphones, tablets, notebooks
- Hard disks, memory cards, NAS systems and other storage media
- Bluetooth boxes and headphones
- Gaming: Consoles and games as well as gaming hardware and accessories (this year probably limited to older generations of consoles due to the global chip crisis)
- Kitchen utensils, fully automatic coffee machines, Jamie Oliver pans
- Household appliances, tools, robot vacuum cleaners, robotic lawn mowers
- Outdoor and camping items
- Fashion, accessories, jewelry and beauty bestsellers
- Groceries, coffee beans, soft drinks and alcohol
Bet you haven’t seen all the Prime benefits yet?
Who is participating in Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is an Amazon event. End of the story? Well, not necessarily, because the competition loves to counter Amazon. From our experience, it is likely that at least a few online shops will start counter-actions: Saturn, MediaMarkt and Otto are possible candidates.
You don’t have a Prime at all? Doesn’t matter – even without a membership you can save a lot on Amazon:
Should I wait for Amazon Prime Day 2021 to make purchases?
There are good to fantastic prizes on Prime Day. As a rule, however, you do not know beforehand whether what you want will be there. There are always bargains. In other words, if you are looking for a specific product, you don’t have to wait months. Take a look at the price development based on the data in price comparison portals, set a limit for the maximum price you are willing to pay and then strike when the opportunity arises – whether on Prime Day, Black Friday or another date.
On the other hand, we also advise against buying products at full price when Prime Day is just around the corner. The chance is good to get a bargain on Prime Day.
Where can I find the best offers for Prime Day 2021?
On the one hand at amazon.de/angebote. The site is certainly not the clearest. The entire GIGA editorial team will prepare all the bargain fireworks on the Prime Days and report on which products are really worthwhile.