No trace on the servers.
No data leakage,
no personal data,
When WhatsApp changes its general conditions of use and is about to impose the synchronization of your personal information with … the other Facebook entities, it may be time to move on to another solution.
Olvid guarantees the total and definitive security of your exchanges, relying exclusively on the mutual trust that users already have, in the real world.
Unlike all other messaging services, the security of your communications no longer depends on a server. If an Olvid server is hacked… the security of communications will be preserved.
– No identification element is transmitted to the server.
– Olvid does not ask you for anything, no phone number, no e-mail address …
– No data processing is possible. Neither by Olvid, nor by a third party.
It is also impossible to receive an unsolicited message. The only users who can contact you will be those you have explicitly decided to accept in your private network!
At the heart of Olvid, a French company created in 2017: a “cryptographic engine” resulting from more than 5 years of R&D, which makes it possible to mathematically prove the integrity, confidentiality and anonymity of your communications.
The application will not ask you for any personal information, not even your phone number, unlike competing applications. You will no longer feel like you are a “product”. Another point, and not insignificant, Olvid will not ask you for access to your address book. Nor any other access elsewhere …
Olvid offers certain paid features, mainly for companies who will quickly find their account and the main interest sought. Namely, confidentiality.
When you start messaging for the first time, Olvid will simply ask you for a first and last name, and this information will remain on your phone. Everything is stored locally on your mobile device.
Communicate with your contacts
To communicate, you just need to share your entity with the people you want to get in touch with.
– The person receiving your identity will be able to invite you to chat on Olvid.
– If you accept their invitation, 4 digits will be displayed on your mobile and 4 digits will be displayed on your correspondent’s screen.
– You will then have to exchange these 4 digits once.
– Olvid will create a secure channel, and then you can use Olvid as you would use WhatsApp.
– A QR-Code and a four-digit code therefore make it possible to quickly and easily link two contacts. This in complete safety.
Note that for individuals / companies wishing to use the paid features, no personal data will be necessary.