Android 11 is available in a stable version since December. Nevertheless, with the update of their smartphones, many manufacturers are still late. These include the American brand Motorola, which has belonged to the Chinese company Lenovo for several years. According to the portal XDA-developers but now she has released which models will get the latest version of the system.
Up to 23 smartphones are to be updated, and selected models will also receive desktop mode
There are a total of 23 models in the list of smartphones that can expect updates. Of course, this year’s or last year’s moto g series models, Motorola one smartphones or Razr folding lids with flexible displays are also among them. It even included one Lenovo model in the list. Unfortunately, Motorola does not specify on its blog when the update will be distributed. Last year, the company began distributing Android 10 until the end of December. The year before, it took three months to launch the update on Android 9.0 Pie.
It can therefore be assumed that in the case of Android 11 it will not be until the first quarter of next year. Interestingly, in addition to the new features of Android 11, some selections should also receive support for a desktop mode similar to Samsung DeX. Motorola created it in cooperation with the manufacturer’s Qualcomm chip for models with newer chipsets of the Snapdragon 800 series. To start it, it will be enough to connect the smartphone to the monitor / TV via the USB-C interface.
List of models that will receive Android 11
What does Android 11 bring?
• Manage conversations in one place. User conversations with friends and family in various applications can be viewed on the lock screen.
• Conversation bubbles. Conversations from any communication application (provided the feature is supported by the application) can now be firmly connected to the screen in the form of a bubble. The user thus always has the communication in sight. A separate multitasking has also been improved.
• Screen recording. On-screen video recording is now supported directly in Android 11 and does not require a separate application.
• Common control for all smart devices. Smart home appliances such as heating or lights can now be controlled via a single common interface. To access it, press and hold the power key.
• Quick selection of audio output. You can now choose directly from the notification bar whether the sound should be played via the built-in speaker, Bluetooth or connected headphones via cable.
• Voice control. Faster and easier access to applications thanks to intuitive voice commands without the need to connect to the Internet.
• Greater security. Further security and privacy updates are made automatically and directly from Google Play.
• Easier authorization of applications. You can also add permissions to applications once. If you do not use the application for a long time, its permissions will be automatically revoked.
How is the competition?
There is also competition in the updates of their smartphones. Two weeks ago, the South Korean giant Samsung launched an update of the Galaxy S20 models to Android 11 with the One UI 3.0 extension, and today it also saw the Galaxy S10 Lite models. OnePlus has updated the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro models. They received the OxygenOS 11 built on the Android 11 system. Huawei again brought the EMUI 11 superstructure to the Huawei P40, P40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro models. Sony recently started updating its smartphones. This year’s flagship Sony Xperia 1 II was the first to arrive.
This is a list of new applications that have been added to Android Auto
Want to get the latest update info for your Android? Enter the name of the device and we will send you a new article directly to your email.