Do you measure your phone’s performance with others? Then your attention should not be missed by the new benchmark APPmark 2018 which was released three weeks ago by a nonprofit consortium of the leading manufacturers of Business Applications Performance Corporation
What APPmark 2018 promises
In an official press release, the authors promise “a revolutionary new test-based platform that measures battery performance and battery life with representative, modern applications.” One of the key benefits is the support of Android operating systems (19459005)
Tests, for example, measure performance and impact on battery life when viewing websites, editing and sharing emails, photos and videos, and while playing a video. The results are sent online, so you can compare with others .
APPmark measures battery performance and battery life in a variety of activities.
As the main features and capabilities are named:
- Measures battery performance and battery life while browsing the web, working with email, editing and sharing photos and videos, and playing video.
- Supports iOS, Android and Windows )
- Allows comparison of devices across platforms
- The new version uses updated SDKs and development tools
- Supports sending online results to compare with others
How does the benchmark work?
Right from the beginning, it is worth noting that APPmark 2018 is no crumb. The installation package has a relatively massive 488 MB so if you do not have mobile data without a limit, we certainly recommend that you leave the installation for the moment you connect to Wi-Fi
use. You will find yourself at the start screen where the test can be named and you can set the number of reps from one to twenty