Have you ever thought of giving someone an iPhone app as a gift? That is a nice gift that you don’t even have to leave your house for. We show you how to do it.
Read on after the ad.
This is how you give an iPhone app as a gift
The shops are closed and whether PostNL can deliver your order before Christmas is very much the question. Those who are still looking for a nice gift for under the tree have few options. Therefore, it can be a good idea to give your father, brother or girlfriend an iPhone app as a gift. That is how it works.
Gift iPhone apps from an iPhone or iPad
Go to the App Store and choose the app you want to give. Then follow this step-by-step plan:
- On the tab for the relevant app, tap Share. That’s the upward pointing arrow next to the price;
- Choose ‘Give the app as a gift’;
- Enter the e-mail address of the recipient;
- Optionally add a personal message;
- Choose when you want to send your gift. You can do this immediately, but also at a later date;
- Choose a theme for your gift, such as’ Thank you or ‘Just because’;
- Checkout the app. Your gift will now be sent at the time of your choice.
In a similar way you can also give a book as a present or something from the iTunes Store. For example, if you want to give a music album, click Share again and follow the steps above. In the Books app, click on the gift symbol above the buy button. The rest of the procedure is the same.
Giving gifts from a Mac
You can’t gift apps from a Mac, but you can gift a book or something from the iTunes Store. That works the same as on an iPhone or iPad, but looks slightly different. Do you want to give your father a digital CD? Then you proceed as follows:
- Open the Music app;
- Choose iTunes Store;
- Find the album you want to give as a gift;
- Click on the arrow next to ‘Buy’
- Select ‘Gift album’
Then you go through the same steps as on an iPhone or iPad. You choose a theme and simply pay for the app. Hopefully the recipient is happy with your gift!