Apple now offers iOS 16.0.2 (build 20A380) for download for the various iPhones, where iOS 16.0.1 was only available for the iPhone 14. There are several bug fixes.
Availability of iOS 16.0.2
Here are the bugs that iOS 16.0.2 fixes according to Apple:
- The camera could vibrate and cause blurry photos to be taken with certain third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- The screen could be completely black during device setup.
- Copying and pasting between apps could cause unnecessary permission requests to appear.
- VoiceOver could be unavailable after a restart.
- Fixes an issue that may cause the touchscreen to be unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 after a repair.
As we can see, several fixed bugs had already been noticed in the last few days. The one about the camera shaking while using third-party apps like TikTok and Snapchat has been doing the rounds on social media. The one for the copy-paste authorization has also been talked about, with Apple having recognized that this was not normal behavior (hence the patch today).
To install iOS 16.0.2, go to Settings > General > Software Update. All you have to do is start the download and then proceed with the installation.
It should be noted in passing that Apple released its update a little earlier than expected. The manufacturer had initially announced availability for next week. And yet, it is available now.
On the other hand, there are still some bugs, such as the one with AirDrop for sending content to contacts, the Camera application which can be slow on the iPhone 14 Pro, that of calls with CarPlay, the reduced autonomy or the slowness of Spotlight. Who knows, maybe Apple will release iOS 16.0.3 to fix these issues (and possibly others). This is an opportunity to remember that iOS 16.1 is currently available in beta, but the final version should not arrive before October.