WhatsApp offers the ability to search for messages, but if you use it often, it can sometimes be difficult to find what you’re looking for. Especially if you don’t remember the literal wording of the message you’re looking for. Fortunately, the service also offers a Starred Messages feature, which allows you to tag important messages and then display them nicely arranged in one place. The Android Authority portal provides a simple guide on how to do this.
How do I star a message in the WhatsApp mobile app?
- Open a chat and find the message you want to save
- Tap and hold it until the options bar appears at the top of the screen
- Find the star icon in the panel and tap it
- A small star will appear next to the sending time in the message bubble
Where can I find starred messages?
- Open a chat and tap the three-dot icon at the top right
- Click View Contact
- Scroll down to Starred Messages below
This way you can hide your “Last online” status from WhatsApp