Chrome is one of the best browsers available these days. It is used by millions of people all around the globe because it is stable, it offers great performance and features that you can adjust the way you want. As you know already, you can browse the web by typing the desired keywords into the address bar. The default search engine is Google, but what if you want to change it? Is it possible? The answer is yes and if you are wondering how to change search engine used in address bar in Chrome, keep reading. That’s exactly what we are going to show you here.
See also: How to manage Downloads location in Chrome
How to change search engine used in address bar in Chrome
No matter what change you want to make in Chrome, the steps are simple. The same goes for this option. Just a few clicks and you’re done. Let’s see how to change the search engine.
- Open Chrome on your PC
- To access the browser’s menu, click on three dots in the top-right corner
- Next, click Settings
- Scroll down until you reach Search engine section
- You’ll see the option “Search engine used in address bar” and a box next to it
- Click on that box and choose the search engine you want. The options besides Google are Ecosia, Bing, Yahoo !, and DuckDuckGo. Just click on the one you want and that’s it.
But, what if the search engines that are offered are not the ones you want to use? You can make additional changes. Here is what you need to do:
- Click on Manage search engines
- Click Add and then enter the search engine you want
- The search engine you add will be listed below in the section “Other search engines”
- Click on three dots and then click Make default
You can also remove the search engines from the list by clicking on three dots next to the one you want to delete. Then click Remove from list.