Google has shared a new overview of the latest Google Play system update. This June update addresses a number of issues. We list the new functions.
June Google Play System Update
Every month, Google releases a new Android security update. Apart from that, there is also a monthly Google Play system update for Android; an update to be rolled out by manufacturers. Google has now shared the new details about the Google Play system update from June. What issues are addressed here?
We see several improvements related to the Google Play Store. Other issues addressed with the June update relate to critical fixes to various Android background issues. We have put the changelog of the update below for you.
You may be offered the update via the manufacturer of your smartphone. Optionally, you can manually check and install by going to the settings of your smartphone. There you find the software status and press the date of the Google Play system update.
- [Auto, Phone, Tablet, TV, Wear OS] Bug fixes for account management, safety & emergency, and system management & diagnostics related services.
- [Phone, Tablet, TV] Add support for storing and sharing Thread network credentials.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
Security & Privacy
- [Phone] Support for shortcuts to the Password Manager.
- [Phone] Updated Sync UI System with the latest Google Material design.
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance and stability & performance.
- New developer features for Google and third party app developers to support ads, and developer features related developer services in their apps.
 Available through Google Play system update for June.
 Available through Google Play services v22.18 updated on 06/17/2022.
 Available through Google Play Store v30.3 updated on 06/17/2022.
 Available through Google Play services v22.21 updated on 06/13/2022.