This official immersive application will allow you to (re) discover and visit the Chauvet 2 Cave in complete safety. The proposed visit system is based on a stroll punctuated by comments that will give you all the keys to discovering and understanding this art produced by Homo sapiens, 36,000 years ago.
As a reminder, the Chauvet 2 Cave (located in Ardèche) is a replica of the Chauvet cave. Its construction began in October 2012 and it was opened to the public in 2015.
Features of the app:
– Content entirely developed by the mediation service.
– Available in 10 languages.
– Gallery of the Aurignacian and site animations, allowing to discover Homo sapiens and the life-size animals which were present in Ardèche 36,000 years ago.
– Discover a humanity close to ours and incredible animals: mammoth, woolly rhinoceros, cave lion and mega-eros …
– A fun approach for young and old.
– At the Paleolithic camp: Theme “Get out of your cave!” “. To complete the visit experience, you can go to the Paleolithic camp. In the shade of the trees, passionate animators invite you to go back in time to immerse yourself in the world of our ancestors.
– Two different animations are offered.
– “Daily life” animation to learn all about hunting techniques, food and fire-making.
– “Art and spirituality” animation to discover techniques and sculpted objects, ornaments but also musical instruments invented by prehistoric societies.